"This is ridiculous," said the Tang Monk.
“这太荒谬了,”唐僧说。
"Why are we under arrest?"
“我们为什么被捕?”
Soldiers were bringing the travelers back to the town.
士兵们正把旅行者带回镇上。
"You robbed Squire Kou's house last night," said one of the soldiers.
“你昨晚抢了寇乡绅的房子,”一名士兵说。
"What!" cried Bajie.
“什么!”八戒叫道。
"We would never rob somebody.
“我们永远不会抢劫别人。
Especially not the squire—he was kind to us!"
尤其是那个乡绅,他对我们很好!”
"You had all the stolen items," replied the soldier.
“你有所有被盗的物品,”士兵回答。
"You also had the two horses that were stolen from his stable."
“你还有他马厩里被盗的两匹马。”
"We got everything from the real robbers," said the Tang Monk.
“我们从真正的强盗那里得到了一切,”唐僧说。
"We were going to return it all to Squire Kou!"
“我们要全部还给寇乡绅!”
The soldier laughed.
士兵笑了。
"Oh? You got everything from the <font color="#ffff00"><i>real</i></font> robbers?
“哦?你从<foncolor="#ffff00"><i>真正的</i></fon>强盗那里得到了一切?
Tell me, where are the <font color="#ffff00"><i>real</i></font> robbers now? Hmm?"
告诉我,<foncolor="#ffff00"><i>真正的强盗现在在哪里?嗯?"
Wukong sighed.
悟空叹了口气。
"I let them go."
“我让他们走了。”
The soldier laughed again.
士兵又笑了。
"Oh, that was very kind of you!"
“哦,你真好!”
Wukong could tell that the soldier didn't believe him.
悟空可以看出士兵不相信他。
By now they had reached the town.
这时他们已经到了镇上。
A crowd of people had gathered to watch.
一群人聚集在一起观看。
The soldiers brought the travelers into the courthouse.
士兵们把旅行者带进了法院。
The judge frowned at the monk and the others.
法官皱着眉头看着和尚等人。
"Lock them up!"
“把他们关起来!”
"This is a mistake," the Tang Monk pleaded.
“这是个错误。”唐僧恳求道。
"We can't go to jail.
“我们不能进监狱。
We're making an important journey to visit Buddha."
我们正在进行一次重要的旅行,去拜佛。"
The judge shook his head.
法官摇了摇头。
"Buddha doesn't allow killers in the Western Paradise."
“西天佛不允许杀人。”
"Killers?" said Wujing.
“杀手?”吴京说。
"What are you talking about?"
“你在说什么?”
"You killed Squire Kou," said the judge.
“你杀了寇乡绅,”法官说。
The Tang Monk's face went pale.
唐僧脸色苍白。
"The squire is dead?"
“乡绅死了?”
The judge narrowed his eyes at the monk.
法官眯起眼睛看着和尚。
"Yes. And Lady Kou saw you do it."
“对,寇夫人也看到了。”
The travelers were shoved into a jail cell, and the door was slammed shut.
旅行者被推进一间牢房,门被砰的一声关上。
The Tang Monk started to cry.
唐僧哭了起来。
"This is terrible!"
“这太可怕了!”
Bajie made a fist.
八戒握紧了拳头。
"Lady Kou framed us!"
“寇夫人陷害我们!”
"Yes," said Wujing, nodding.
“是的。”吴京点了点头。
"But why?"
“为什么?”
"I'll find out tonight," promised Wukong.
“我今晚会知道的,”悟空答应道。
"Thank you, Wukong."
“谢谢悟空。”
The Tang Monk looked grateful.
唐僧一脸感激。
"We must prove our innocence!"
“我们必须证明自己的清白!”
That night Wukong turned into a bee and flew out of the jail and to Squire Kou's house.
那天晚上,悟空变成了一只蜜蜂,飞出了监狱,飞到寇乡绅家。
He found Lady Kou mourning over a coffin.
他发现寇夫人正在棺材前哀悼。
The monkey changed back into himself and hid behind a curtain.
猴子变回了自己,躲在窗帘后面。
Imitating the squire's voice, he said,
他模仿乡绅的声音说,
"My lady! It's me, your husband."
“夫人!是我,你的丈夫。”
Lady Kou's eyes went wide.
寇夫人瞪大了眼睛。
"Husband? Is it really you?"
“老公?真的是你?”
"Yes," said Wukong.
“是的。”悟空说。
"Why did you tell the judge that the Tang Monk and his companions killed me?"
“你为什么告诉法官,唐僧和他的同伴杀了我?”
Lady Kou hesitated.
寇夫人迟疑了。
"I . . . I was angry with them.
“我 . . . 我生他们的气了。
You wanted them to stay here, but they insisted on leaving.
你想让他们留在这里,但他们坚持要离开。
That was an insult to us."
那是对我们的侮辱。"
"You have done a terrible thing!" thundered Wukong.
“你做了一件可怕的事!”悟空怒斥道。
The walls of the house shook, and Lady Kou trembled.
房子的墙壁摇晃着,寇夫人颤抖着。
The monkey continued.
猴子继续说道。
"Tomorrow you must tell the judge that the Tang Monk and his companions are innocent.
“明天你必须告诉法官,唐僧和他的同伴是无辜的。
If you don't, I will haunt you for the rest of your life!"
如果你不这样做,我会缠着你一辈子!”
Tears poured from the woman's eyes.
泪水从女人的眼中涌出。
"I will talk to the judge tomorrow, I promise.
“我明天会和法官谈谈,我保证。
Please don't haunt me!"
请不要缠着我!”
Wukong flew back to the courthouse.
悟空飞回法院。
He saw the judge sitting at a desk, reading some papers.
他看见法官坐在桌子旁,正在看一些文件。
Wukong flew over the roof.
悟空飞过屋顶。
Then he turned into an enormous spirit body and lowered one foot.
然后他化作一个巨大的灵体,垂下一只脚。
When the judge saw the giant foot, he gasped.
当法官看到那只巨大的脚时,他倒吸了一口凉气。
The papers fell from his hands.
文件从他手中掉了下来。
Wukong's voice boomed.
悟空的声音响起。
"I am the Wandering Spirit, and I was sent here by Buddha.
“我是游魂,是佛派来的。
Lady Kou lied to you—the Tang Monk didn't kill Squire Kou.
寇夫人骗了你——唐僧没有杀寇乡绅。
The monk is on an important journey.
和尚正在进行一次重要的旅行。
If you don't free him and his companions, I will lower my other foot.
如果你不放了他和他的同伴,我就放低我的另一只脚。
Then I will stomp all over this town until there is nothing left!"
那我就把这个小镇踩个底朝天!”