The travelers flew through the sky over the Tang Empire.
旅行者们飞过大唐帝国上空。
Tears of happiness rolled down the Tang Monk's cheeks.
幸福的泪水顺着唐僧的脸颊滚落。
"I see the emperor's palace!"
“我看到皇宫了!”
"I will wait here while you all deliver the True Scriptures," said the guard.
“我在这里等着,你们去送真经。”守卫说道。
The Tang Monk and his companions went down to Earth and entered the palace.
唐僧和他的同伴下了地球,进入了宫殿。
The emperor's eyes lit up.
皇帝眼睛一亮。
"My brother!" He embraced the monk.
“我的兄弟!”他拥抱了和尚。
"For many years I wondered if I'd ever see you again.
"多年来我一直在想是否还能再见到你
Did you get the True Scriptures?"
你拿到真经了吗?”
"Yes," said the monk.
“是的,”和尚说。
"But please forgive me.
“但请原谅我。
The journey took much longer than I expected."
旅程比我想象的要长。”
"There's no need to apologize," said the emperor.
“不必道歉,”皇帝说。
Then he noticed the monk's companions.
然后他注意到了和尚的同伴。
"Who are they?"
“他们是谁?”
Wukong stepped forward.
悟空走上前去。
"I am Sun Wukong, the Monkey King.
“我是孙悟空,美猴王。
I once defeated Heaven's entire army."
我曾经打败过天堂的全军。”
"And I am Zhu Bajie," said the pig.
“我是猪八戒,”猪说。
"My name is Sha Wujing," said the purple spirit.
“我叫沙无精。”紫灵说道。
"They protected me during the journey," the monk explained.
“他们在旅途中保护了我,”和尚解释道。
"I couldn't have reached the Western Paradise without them."
“没有他们,我不可能到达西方天堂。”
The emperor bowed to Wukong and the others.
皇帝向悟空等人鞠躬。
The monkey laughed.
猴子笑了。
"You don't need to bow.
“你不需要鞠躬。
We were happy to help.
我们很乐意帮忙。
Well, Wujing and I were.
嗯,吴京和我是。
Bajie complained the entire time."
八戒一直在抱怨。”
The pig snorted.
猪哼了一声。
There was a huge feast that night.
那天晚上有一场盛大的宴会。
The emperor asked the monk many questions about the journey.
皇帝问了和尚许多关于旅途的问题。
He listened in amazement to the monk's stories.
他惊讶地听着和尚的故事。
"I will build a magnificent pagoda," the emperor declared.
“我要建一座宏伟的宝塔,”皇帝宣布。
"The True Scriptures will be kept safe inside it."
“真经会被保存在里面。”
He put his hand on the monk's shoulder.
他把手放在和尚的肩膀上。
"You will always be remembered as the brave monk who traveled to the West.
“你将永远被铭记为西游记的勇敢僧侣。
Because of you, our people won't have to suffer anymore."
因为你,我们的人民再也不用受苦了。”
After the food was eaten, the emperor asked the monk to read from the scriptures.
饭菜吃完后,皇帝让和尚照着经文念。
The Tang Monk smiled.
唐僧笑道。
"I would be happy to read from them."
“我很乐意阅读他们的作品。”
The monk sat on a platform, where the scriptures had been placed in baskets.
和尚坐在一个平台上,经文被放在篮子里。
He unrolled a scroll.
他展开卷轴。
Suddenly light filled the room.
突然间,光线充满了房间。
The Tang Monk and his companions rose into the sky.
唐僧和他的同伴们升上了天空。
"We should return to the Thunderclap Monastery," said the guard.
“我们应该回到雷音寺。”守卫说道。
"Buddha is waiting for you."
“佛祖在等你。”
"Yes, let's go," said the monk.
“是的,我们走吧,”和尚说。
The travelers were soon bowing before Buddha again.
旅行者很快又在佛陀面前鞠躬了。
Other buddhas and bodhisattvas stood behind him.
其他佛菩萨站在他身后。
Buddha addressed the horse first.
佛陀先对马讲话。
"You carried the Tang Monk on the journey and earned forgiveness for your crimes.
“你背着唐僧上路,为自己的罪行赢得了宽恕。
You will now be a golden dragon in Heaven."
你现在将成为天堂的金龙。”
Light flashed as a large golden dragon soared into the sky.
光芒一闪,一条金色巨龙冲天而起。
"Wujing," said Buddha.
“吴京,”佛陀说。
"You too have earned forgiveness for your past crimes.
“你也为你过去的罪行赢得了宽恕。
You will now be a golden deity."
你现在将成为金色的神。”
Wujing's body turned gold.
吴京的身体变成了金色。
The spirit bowed.
幽灵鞠了一躬。
"Thank you, Buddha."
“谢谢佛祖。”
"You have earned forgiveness, Bajie," said Buddha.
“你已经赢得了宽恕,八戒,”佛陀说。
"You will be Janitor of the Altars—an important deity who looks after Buddhist altars."
“你将成为祭坛的看门人——一个照顾佛教祭坛的重要神。”
Bajie bowed. "Thank you, Buddha."
八戒躬身道:“谢谢佛祖。”
Buddha next turned to the Tang Monk.
佛陀接着转向唐僧。
"Because of you, the people in the East will never have to suffer again.
“因为你,东方的人民再也不用受苦了。
"You made a journey that no other person could make.
“你做了一次别人做不到的旅行。
You are now a buddha."
你现在是佛了。”
Light glowed around the monk, who bowed before Buddha.
在佛陀面前鞠躬的和尚周围闪烁着光芒。
"Thank you, Buddha," said the monk.
“谢谢你,佛陀,”和尚说。
Finally Buddha turned to the monkey.
最后佛陀转向猴子。
"And you, Wukong," he began.
“还有你,悟空,”他开始说。
"Your crimes long ago were terrible.
“你很久以前的罪行很可怕。
But since then you have used your tremendous powers to do good deeds.
但是从那以后,你用你巨大的力量做了好事。
You too are now a buddha."
你现在也是佛了。”
Wukong bowed. "Thank you, Buddha."
悟空鞠了一躬。“谢谢你,佛祖。”
"Hey . . ." The monkey suddenly noticed that his head felt different.
“嘿 . . ." 猴子突然注意到他的头感觉不一样了。
"The headband is gone!"
“发箍不见了!”
Buddha smiled. "You don't need it anymore."
佛祖笑道:“你不需要了。”
Filled with joy, Wukong and the Tang Monk joined the other buddhas and bodhisattvas.
悟空和唐僧满心欢喜,加入了其他佛陀和菩萨的行列。
They have been in the Western Paradise ever since.
从那以后,他们一直在西方天堂。