Wukong looked at the Dragon King and sighed.
悟空看着龙王,叹了口气。
"You're right," said the monkey.
“你说得对,”猴子说。
"I did make a promise to Guanyin."
“我确实答应过观音。”
He put down his teacup and stood up.
他放下茶杯,站了起来。
"Thank you, my friend.
“谢谢你,我的朋友。
I will visit again soon."
我很快会再来的。”
The Dragon King smiled.
龙王笑了。
"Good luck, Wukong."
“祝你好运,悟空。”
The monkey hurried out of the Dragon King's palace.
猴子急忙走出龙王的宫殿。
He found the Tang Monk traveling alongside a stream.
他发现唐僧沿着一条小溪行进。
"Master, I have returned," he called.
“主人,我回来了。”他叫道。
"I'm glad you're back, Wukong," said the monk. "I'm hungry."
“我很高兴你回来了,悟空,”和尚说。“我饿了。”
"I'll find a village and beg for some food for you," said the monkey.
猴子说:“我找个村子给你讨点吃的。”
"You don't need to do that," said the monk.
“你不需要这样做,”和尚说。
"There's rice in the bag.
“袋子里有米。
You can cook that."
你可以煮那个。”
The monk got down from the horse.
和尚从马上下来。
Wukong opened the bag.
悟空打开袋子。
When he looked inside, his eyes opened wide.
当他往里面看时,他的眼睛睁得大大的。
He pulled out the headband.
他拔出发箍。
"This headband is marvelous!" said Wukong.
悟空说:“这条发箍太棒了!”
"Oh," said the monk, watching the monkey closely.
“哦,”和尚说,仔细地看着猴子。
"Do you like it?"
“你喜欢吗?”
"Yes!" said Wukong.
“是的!”悟空说。
"Try it on," said the monk.
“试试看,”和尚说。
"Really?" asked Wukong.
“真的吗?”悟空问。
The monk nodded.
和尚点点头。
Wukong put the headband on.
悟空戴上发箍。
He looked at his reflection in the stream.
他看着自己在溪流中的倒影。
"I look handsome!" said Wukong. "Thanks for—ahh!"
“我看起来很帅!”悟空说。“谢谢你——啊!”
The monkey grabbed the sides of his head and fell over.
猴子抓住他的头,摔倒了。
His eyes bulged.
他的眼睛鼓了起来。
"My head's going to explode!" he cried.
“我的头要爆炸了!”他哭了。
He saw the Tang Monk talking quietly.
他看见唐僧在小声说话。
"Wh . . . What are you saying?" cried Wukong.
“ . . . 你在说什么?”悟空叫道。
The Tang Monk stopped talking, and the pain stopped.
唐僧不再说话,疼痛也停止了。
"The bodhisattva Guanyin taught me a spell," said the monk.
“观音菩萨教了我一个咒语,”和尚说。
"She gave me the headband to force you to be good."
“她给我发箍是为了逼你乖乖的。”
Wukong pulled at the headband.
悟空拉了拉发箍。
But it wouldn't come off.
但它不会掉下来。
"It's stuck!" cried the monkey.
“卡住了!”猴子叫道。
He stamped his foot.
他跺脚。
"You tricked me!"
“你骗我!”
"It's for your own good," said the monk.
“这是为了你好,”和尚说。
"You must stop being violent."
“你必须停止暴力。”
Wukong pulled out his iron bar and lunged at the Tang Monk.
悟空拔出铁棍,扑向唐僧。
The monk recited the Tight Headband spell again.
和尚再次念了紧头带咒语。
Wukong fell to the ground and rolled around in pain.
悟空倒在地上,疼得打滚。
"It hurts! It hurts!" he cried.
“好痛!好痛!”他喊道。
"Please stop! I won't try to hurt you again!"
“请住手!我不会再伤害你了!”
The Tang Monk stopped, and the monkey stood up.
唐僧停了下来,猴子站了起来。
"Now will you cook some rice?" asked the monk.
“现在你会煮些米饭吗?”和尚问道。
"I'll get a fire started," said Wukong.
悟空说:“我去生火。”
The monkey waited until the Tang Monk had turned his back.
猴子一直等到唐僧转过身去。
Again he raised the iron bar.
他再次举起铁棒。
But the Tang Monk saw Wukong's shadow.
但是唐僧看到了悟空的影子。
"Ahh!" cried Wukong, once again falling to the ground.
“啊!”悟空叫道,再次倒在地上。
The Tang Monk looked furious as he recited the spell.
唐僧念着咒语,一脸愤怒。
Wukong's head pounded.
悟空的头砰砰直跳。
"Please stop!" cried the monkey.
“请停下来!”猴子叫道。
The Tang Monk stopped reciting the spell.
唐僧停止了念咒。
"Don't try to hit me again," said the monk.
“别再打我了。”和尚说。
"If you do, I'll recite the spell until your head really does explode."
“如果你这样做,我会念咒语,直到你的头真的爆炸。”
"I'm sorry, Master," said Wukong.
“对不起,师父,”悟空说。
"I'll be good!"
“我会乖的!”
The two traveled for a few more weeks.
两人又旅行了几个星期。
They arrived at a wide river.
他们来到了一条宽阔的河边。
"How will we cross this river?" asked the monk.
“我们怎么过这条河?”和尚问。
"It's too bad you're not a spirit," said Wukong.
悟空说:“可惜你不是精灵。”
"I can leap over this river.
“我可以跳过这条河。
But I can't take you with me."
但是我不能带你一起去。”
"Why not?" asked the Tang Monk.
“为什么不呢?”唐僧问道。
"You're a human," said the monkey.
“你是人类,”猴子说。
"So you must make the journey all by yourself.
“所以你必须独自旅行。
I can only protect you.
我只能保护你。
I can't carry you."
我背不了你。”
"What will we do then?" asked the monk.
“那我们怎么办?”和尚问道。
Before Wukong could answer, the water swelled and a dragon leaped from it.
悟空还没来得及回答,水就膨胀了,一条龙从水中跃起。
"Look out!" cried the monkey.
“小心!”猴子叫道。
He yanked the Tang Monk off the horse as the dragon struck.
龙来袭时,他把唐僧从马上拽了下来。
With one bite, the dragon swallowed the horse and then slipped back underwater.
龙咬了一口,吞下了马,然后滑回水下。