097_Journey to the West 97_Bajie and the Monster

Bajie took a step back as a dark mist surrounded the people on the road.

八戒后退了一步,路上的人被黑雾包围。

When the mist cleared, he saw they were really a monster and several little demons.

当雾气散去,他看到他们真的是一个怪物和几个小恶魔。

The monster grinned at him.

怪物对他咧嘴一笑。

"Yes, you <font color="#ffff00"><i>are</i></font> here for the feast, Pig.

“是的,你<foncolor="#ffff00"><i>是来参加盛宴的,猪。

We're going to eat you for lunch!"

我们要把你当午饭吃了!”

"What?" Bajie raised his rake and swung as the monster approached.

“什么?”八戒举起耙,随着怪物的靠近,荡了起来。

The demons rushed toward the pig from all sides.

恶魔们从四面八方向猪扑来。

"That rotten monkey lied to me!" cried Bajie.

“那只臭猴子骗我!”八姐叫道。

He spun around and knocked over two demons with his rake.

他转过身来,用耙打翻了两个恶魔。

The monster threw a punch.

怪物挥出一拳。

Bajie blocked the punch with his rake.

八戒用他的耙挡住了这一拳。

"Ow!" cried the monster, rubbing his hand.

“嗷!”怪物搓着手叫道。

Bajie kicked a demon sneaking up behind him.

八姐一脚踹在身后一个鬼鬼祟祟的恶魔身上。

"That monkey is always causing problems!" the pig muttered.

“那只猴子总是惹麻烦!”猪喃喃自语。

He slammed the rake down on another demon.

他把耙狠狠地砸在另一个恶魔身上。

"So what if I like to eat?

“我喜欢吃又怎么样?

Did he really have to trick me?"

他真的要骗我吗?”

The monster attacked again.

怪物再次攻击。

Bajie thrust his rake toward him, still complaining about Wukong.

八戒把耙向他推了推,还在抱怨悟空。

"Wukong is small—he doesn't need to eat as much as I do!"

“悟空很小,不需要我吃那么多!”

The monster suddenly stopped fighting and looked at Bajie curiously.

怪物突然停止了战斗,好奇的看着八戒。

"You just said 'Wukong.'

“你刚才说‘悟空’。

Are you talking about Sun Wukong, the monkey who defeated Heaven's entire army five hundred years ago?"

你说的是孙悟空,五百年前打败天庭全军的猴子吗?”

"Um, yes," said Bajie. "Do you know him?"

“嗯,是的,”八戒说。“你认识他吗?”

"I've heard he's traveling with the Tang Monk," said the monster.

“我听说他和唐僧一起旅行。”怪物说。

"You must be traveling with the Tang Monk too."

“你一定也是和唐僧一起去的。”

"Why are you interested in the monk?" asked Bajie suspiciously.

“你为什么对和尚感兴趣?”八戒怀疑地问道。

The monster licked his lips.

怪物舔了舔嘴唇。

"I've heard that anyone who eats the Tang Monk will live forever."

“听说吃了唐僧的人都能长生不老。”

Panicked, Bajie ran from the demons and back to his companions.

巴杰惊慌失措,从恶魔身边跑回同伴身边。

He pointed at Wukong.

他指着悟空。

"You tricked me!"

“你骗我!”

The monkey was laughing.

猴子在笑。

"How was the feast, Bajie?"

“八戒,宴会怎么样?”

"Grr!" Bajie's eyes burned with fury.

“嘎嘎!”八戒眼中燃烧着愤怒。

He turned to the Tang Monk.

他转向唐僧。

"Wukong told me there was a feast up ahead.

“悟空告诉我前面有一场盛宴。

But instead it was a group of demons and a monster.

但取而代之的是一群恶魔和怪物。

They tried to eat me!"

他们想吃我!”

The Tang Monk was angry.

唐僧生气了。

"Bajie, I thought you were going to check the mountain!

“八戒,我还以为你要去查山呢!

Instead you went to look for a feast?

相反,你去寻找盛宴了?

You lied to me.

你骗了我。

You should be ashamed of yourself!"

你应该为自己感到羞耻!”

Bajie hung his head.

八戒垂着头。

By now Wukong was rolling on the ground, laughing.

这时悟空在地上打滚,笑着。

"And you, Wukong," snapped the Tang Monk.

“还有你,悟空,”唐僧厉声说道。

"I should recite the Tight Headband spell to punish you!"

“我应该念紧头带咒语来惩罚你!”

Instantly the monkey stopped laughing.

猴子立刻停止了大笑。

He jumped to his feet.

他跳了起来。

"Please don't do that!"

“请不要这样!”

"You knew there were demons and a monster ahead," said the monk.

“你知道前面有恶魔和怪物,”和尚说。

"And you didn't say anything?"

“你什么都没说?”

Wujing shook his head.

吴京摇了摇头。

"You should have said something, Wukong."

“悟空,你应该说点什么。”

"I admit I knew about the demons and the monster," said Wukong.

“我承认我知道恶魔和怪物,”悟空说。

"But they're not dangerous."

“但它们并不危险。”

"Not dangerous?" Bajie scoffed.

“不危险?”八戒嗤之以鼻。

"They wanted to eat me!

“他们想吃我!

And now they're planning to eat Master!"

现在他们打算吃掉主人!”

"Oh no!" cried the Tang Monk.

“哦,不!”唐僧叫道。

Wukong held up his hands.

悟空举起双手。

"Relax, Master. You have nothing to worry about."

“放心吧,师父,你没什么好担心的。”

"We must capture the Tang Monk," the monster said to the demons.

“我们必须抓住唐僧。”怪物对恶魔说。

"But we need a plan.

“但我们需要一个计划。

Sun Wukong is strong.

孙悟空很强大。

Did you know that he once defeated Heaven's entire army?"

你可知道,他曾经打败过天庭全军?”

"Yes, we've heard," said one of the demons.

“是的,我们听说了,”其中一个恶魔说。

Another demon hurried over.

又有一个恶魔匆匆赶来。

"I just spied on the travelers.

“我只是监视旅行者。

The Tang Monk has three spirit companions—Sun Wukong, that pig, and a purple fellow."

唐僧有三个灵伴——孙悟空、那只猪和一个紫色的家伙。”

"Hmm," said the monster. "That's bad."

“嗯,”怪物说。“那很糟糕。”

"Not really," said the demon.

“不完全是,”恶魔说。

"I have a plan to lure the spirits away from the monk."

“我有一个计划,从和尚身上引开鬼魂。”

The demon told the monster his plan.

恶魔告诉了怪物他的计划。

When he was done speaking, the demon folded his arms.

当他说完后,恶魔交叉了他的双臂。

"What do you think?"

“你觉得呢?”

A big smile spread across the monster's face.

怪物脸上露出了灿烂的笑容。

"I love it!"

“我喜欢!”