093_Journey to the West 93_A Problem for the Lion Demon

The elephant and the raptor stared at the lion.

大象和猛禽盯着狮子。

"Sun Wukong is alive inside you," said the raptor.

“孙悟空在你体内是活的,”猛禽说。

"Aren't you worried?"

“你不担心吗?”

The lion sat down on his throne.

狮子坐在宝座上。

"Worried about what?"

“担心什么?”

"Well," said the raptor.

“嗯,”猛禽说。

"The monkey is talking inside you.

“猴子在你体内说话。

Doesn't that bother you?"

你不觉得困扰吗?"

"Let him talk," said the lion defiantly.

“让他说。”狮子挑衅地说。

"It doesn't bother me at all."

“一点都不困扰我。”

"What shall I talk about?" Wukong called.

“我该说什么呢?”悟空叫道。

"Who wants to hear a story?"

“谁想听故事?”

The elephant shook his head slowly.

大象慢慢地摇了摇头。

"What if the monkey never stops talking?

“如果猴子一直不停地说话呢?

You'll never get any sleep."

你永远睡不着觉。"

"Hmm," said the lion. "That would be bad."

“嗯,”狮子说。“那就糟了。”

He thought for a moment.

他想了一会儿。

"I know what to do.

“我知道该怎么做了。

I'll stop eating."

我不吃了。”

"What will that do?" asked the elephant.

“那有什么用?”大象问。

"Yes," said Wukong. "What will that do?"

“是的,”悟空说。“那会有什么用?”

"If I don't eat, Wukong doesn't eat," said the lion.

“如果我不吃,悟空也不吃,”狮子说。

"I'll make him starve."

“我会让他饿死的。”

Wukong laughed.

悟空笑了。

"Nice try, lion!

“不错的尝试,狮子!

But I'll just turn one of my hairs into a stove.

但是我会把我的一根头发变成炉子。

I'll cook a nice meal in here!"

我在这里做顿好吃的!”

"Oh dear." The raptor shook his head.

“哦,天哪。”猛禽摇了摇头。

"If that monkey fires up a stove, it will make you very hot.

“如果那只猴子点燃炉子,它会让你很热。

Plus it will create lots of smoke.

另外,它会产生大量烟雾。

The smoke will fill your head, and you'll never stop sneezing!"

烟雾会充满你的头,你永远不会停止打喷嚏!”

At last the lion was starting to look nervous.

狮子终于开始显得紧张起来。

"That would be terrible," he said.

“那太可怕了,”他说。

"I'd better cough out Wukong."

“我还是把悟空咳出来吧。”

The lion went to the middle of the room.

狮子走到房间中央。

He bent over and coughed. "Ahugh! Ahugh!"

他弯下腰咳嗽了一声。“啊!啊!”

Wukong laughed.

悟空笑了。

"I'm still in here!"

“我还在里面!”

"Ahugh! Ahugh!" The lion coughed again.

“啊!啊!”狮子又咳了一声。

But still Wukong stayed inside him.

但悟空仍然留在他体内。

"I'm going to practice my fighting skills," announced the monkey.

“我要练习我的格斗技巧,”猴子宣布。

<font color="#ffff00"><i>Boomph! Pow! Boomph! Pow!</i></font>

<foncolor="#ffff00"><i>嘣!啪!嘣!啪!</i>

Wukong punched and kicked inside the lion.

悟空在狮子体内拳打脚踢。

The lion fell to his knees.

狮子跪倒在地。

"Ohh!" he moaned. "It hurts! It hurts!

“哦!”他呻吟道。“好痛!好痛!

Wukong, please stop!"

悟空,请住手!”

"Let's make a deal," said Wukong.

悟空说:“我们做个交易吧。”

"I'll come out if you promise to let us cross the mountain safely."

“只要你答应让我们安全过山,我就出来。”

The lion looked up at the raptor and the elephant.

狮子抬头看着猛禽和大象。

They both nodded.

两人都点了点头。

"We promise." The lion moaned again.

“我们保证。”狮子再次呻吟。

"Okay then," said Wukong.

悟空说:“好吧。”

"I'm coming out."

“我出来了。”

Wukong started the climb up the lion's throat.

悟空开始爬上狮子的喉咙。

Just as he reached the lion's mouth, Wukong heard whispering.

就在他到达狮子的嘴时,悟空听到了窃窃私语。

"Lion, I have a plan," whispered the elephant.

“狮子,我有个计划,”大象小声说。

"When Wukong tries to come out of your mouth, bite him."

"当悟空试图从你嘴里出来时,咬他."

"I don't know . . . ," whispered the lion.

”我不知道 . . . ," 狮子低声说。

"Wukong is very strong.

“悟空很强。

My belly still hurts."

我肚子还疼。”

"Chomp him quickly, before he can fight back," whispered the elephant.

“在他反击之前,快把他咬碎,”大象低声说。

"Okay," said the lion.

“好的,”狮子说。

"Those dumb demons," thought Wukong.

“那些愚蠢的恶魔,”悟空想。

"Don't they realize I can hear them?"

“他们没有意识到我能听到他们吗?”

He pulled out his iron bar.

他拔出他的铁棒。

"Shall I come out now?" asked the monkey.

“我现在可以出来了吗?”猴子问。

"Um, yes," said the lion.

“嗯,是的,”狮子说。

Wukong heard the three demons snickering.

悟空听到三个恶魔窃笑。

"Okay," said Wukong. "I'm coming out."

“好的,”悟空说。“我出来了。”

He held out the iron bar.

他伸出铁棒。

The lion bit down hard on the bar.

狮子用力咬住了吧台。

<font color="#ffff00"><i>Crack!</i></font> A tooth shattered into tiny pieces.

<foncolor="#ffff00"><i>咔嚓!一颗牙齿碎成了小块。

"Ow! Ow! Ow!" the lion howled in pain.

“嗷!嗷!嗷!”狮子痛苦地嚎叫着。

Tears streamed down his face.

泪水顺着他的脸流了下来。

He rolled around on the floor, holding his paws over his mouth.

他在地板上打滚,用爪子捂住嘴。

"You villains!" Wukong shouted.

“你们这些恶棍!”悟空喊道。

"I heard you whispering!"

“我听到你们在窃窃私语!”

"I'm sorry." The lion was still crying.

“对不起。”狮子还在哭。

"I won't try to bite you again.

“我不会再咬你了。

Please don't hurt me anymore."

请不要再伤害我了。”

Wukong hesitated.

悟空犹豫了。

"I'm coming out now.

“我出来了。

You'd better not try any more tricks!"

你最好不要再耍花样了!”

"We won't," said the elephant.

“我们不会,”大象说。

"We promise," said the raptor.

“我们保证,”猛禽说。

Wukong popped out of the lion's nose.

悟空从狮子鼻子里蹦了出来。

He glared at the demons for a moment and then walked out of the cave.

他瞪了恶魔一眼,然后走出了山洞。

As soon as the monkey was gone, the elephant turned to the other two demons.

猴子一走,大象就转向另外两个恶魔。

"I have a new plan for capturing the Tang Monk."

“我有一个抓捕唐僧的新计划。”