057_Journey to the West 57_A Guessing Game

"Don't make any rain yet," Wukong repeated.

悟空重复道:“先别下雨。”

"But we must," said the Old Woman of the Wind.

“但是我们必须,”风中的老妇人说。

"Someone on Earth just prayed for it."

“地球上有人为此祈祷。”

"And the Jade Emperor heard the prayers," added the Dragon King of the Eastern Sea.

“玉皇大帝听到了祈祷,”东海龙王补充道。

"The person who recited the prayers is bad," said Wukong.

悟空说:“背诵祈祷的人是坏的。”

"He's the Tiger Immortal, and he plans to make the Tang Monk a slave."

“他是虎仙,打算让唐僧成为奴隶。”

The Dragon King looked concerned.

龙王看起来很担心。

"That's terrible. We all want the Tang Monk to reach the Western Paradise."

“太可怕了。我们都想让唐僧到达西天。”

"But we must obey the Jade Emperor's orders," said the woman.

“但是我们必须服从玉皇大帝的命令,”女人说。

"Just wait a moment," said the monkey.

“等一下,”猴子说。

"I'll go back down to the ground now.

“我现在就回地面。

When I raise my iron bar, you can make it rain."

当我举起我的铁棒时,你可以让它下雨。”

The woman and the Dragon King agreed to wait a moment.

女人和龙王同意等一会儿。

Wukong returned to his body.

悟空回到了他的身体里。

The sky cleared, and the Tiger Immortal shook with anger.

天空放晴,虎仙气得浑身发抖。

"Why didn't my spell work?" he cried.

“为什么我的咒语不起作用?”他哭了。

Bajie laughed at him.

八戒嘲笑他。

"Some rain! You couldn't even summon one drop!"

“雨!你连一滴都召唤不出来!”

"I'll try again," said the Tiger Immortal.

“我再试试。”虎仙说道。

"No, you won't," said Wukong.

“不,你不会的,”悟空说。

"You had a chance to summon rain, and you obviously can't.

“你有机会召唤雨水,但你显然不能。

Now it's my turn."

现在轮到我了。”

The monkey raised his iron bar into the air.

猴子把他的铁棒举到空中。

Instantly clouds moved back in, and thunder boomed.

云层立刻移回来,雷声隆隆。

Rain began to pour down.

雨开始倾盆而下。

The crowd cheered.

人群欢呼起来。

The Tang Monk sighed.

唐僧叹了口气。

"Wonderful! Now all the Buddhist monks will be free.

“太好了!现在所有的佛教僧侣都将获得自由。

And we can continue our journey."

我们可以继续我们的旅程。"

The Tiger Immortal stomped over to Wukong.

虎仙一脚踩向悟空。

"I want another contest!"

“我还要比赛!”

Wukong laughed. "Why would you want another contest?

悟空笑道。“你为什么要再来一次比赛?

You'll only lose again."

你只会再输一次。”

The Tiger Immortal ignored the monkey's question.

虎仙没有理会猴子的问题。

"I challenge the Tang Monk to a guessing game."

“我跟唐僧玩猜谜游戏。”

The Tang Monk's mouth fell open. "But—"

唐僧张大了嘴巴。“可是……”

"We accept your challenge," said the monkey with a smile.

“我们接受你的挑战。”猴子笑着说道。

"Good," said the Tiger Immortal.

“好。”虎仙说道。

"I will be right back."

“我马上回来。”

He walked away.

他走开了。

"Wukong, why did you agree to this contest?" asked the Tang Monk.

“悟空,你为什么同意这场比赛?”唐僧问道。

"I won't win."

“我不会赢的。”

"Don't worry, Master," said the monkey.

“别担心,主人,”猴子说。

"I'll help you."

“我帮你。”

The Tiger Immortal soon came back with a small box.

虎仙很快带着一个小盒子回来了。

"If you can guess what's in this box, I will let you all go free."

“如果你能猜到这个盒子里有什么,我就放你们走。”

As the Tang Monk stared at the box, Wukong plucked a hair.

当唐僧盯着盒子时,悟空拔了拔头发。

Using his magic, he made the hair look like himself.

用他的魔法,他让头发看起来像他自己。

Then he made himself tiny and squeezed through a crack in the box.

然后他把自己变小,从盒子的裂缝里挤了出来。

Inside the box was a ripe peach.

盒子里是一个成熟的桃子。

Quickly he ate the peach, leaving only the pit.

他很快就吃了桃子,只留下了核。

A moment later he was standing next to the Tang Monk again.

片刻后,他又站在唐僧身边。

Wukong leaned toward the monk and whispered, "It's a peach pit."

悟空靠向和尚,低声说:“这是一个桃核。”

"Are you sure?" whispered the monk.

“你确定吗?”和尚小声说。

"How do you know?"

“你怎么知道?”

"Stop talking to each other!" said the Tiger Immortal.

“别说话了!”虎仙说道。

"What's in the box?"

“盒子里是什么?”

"I think it's a peach pit," said the monk nervously.

“我想这是一个桃核,”和尚紧张地说。

"Ha!" said the Tiger Immortal. "You're wrong, Monk.

“哈!”虎仙说道。“你错了,和尚。

It's not just a peach pit.

这不仅仅是一个桃核。

It's a whole peach.

这是一个完整的桃子。

I'll show you."

我演示给你看。"

The Tiger Immortal opened the box and showed it to everyone. "See?"

虎仙打开盒子,给大家看。“看到了吗?”

The Tang Monk smiled.

唐僧笑道。

"I was right!

“我猜对了!

It <font color="#ffff00"><i>is</i></font> a peach pit."

它<foncolor="#ffff00"><i>是一个桃核。"

"What?" cried the Tiger Immortal.

“什么?”虎仙叫道。

He looked in the box and gasped.

他看了看盒子,喘息着。

"Who ate the peach?"

“谁吃了桃子?”

Wukong laughed. "The Tang Monk guessed correctly!"

悟空笑道。“唐僧猜对了!”

"I guess we can leave now," said Wujing.

“我想我们现在可以走了,”吴京说。

"Yes, but we should eat some dinner first," said Bajie.

“是的,但是我们应该先吃点晚饭,”八戒说。

"All this talk about peaches has made me hungry."

"一直在谈论桃子让我饿了。"

Wukong looked at the Tiger Immortal.

悟空看着虎仙。

"You will set the Buddhist monks free now, right?"

“你现在会放了那些和尚吧?”

The Tiger Immortal glared at the monkey.

虎仙瞪了猴子一眼。

"I challenge you to another contest!"

“我再挑战你一次!”