054_Journey to the West 54_The River God

Wukong stared at the river.

悟空盯着河水。

"I should have stopped Master from getting in that canoe.

“我应该阻止师父上那艘独木舟的。

But whenever I warn him about someone, he doesn't believe me."

但是每当我警告他注意某人时,他都不相信我。”

Wujing nodded. "I'll find out where that man took our friends."

吴京点了点头,“我去查查那个人带我们的朋友去了哪里。”

The purple spirit dived into the river.

紫色精灵潜入河中。

He soon came to a palace.

他很快来到一座宫殿。

A sign on the gate read "Home of the Black River God."

大门上的牌子上写着“黑河之神之家”

Wujing tapped on the door with his spear. "Open up!"

吴京用长矛敲了敲门。“开门!”

The door opened, and a lizard peeked out.

门开了,一只蜥蜴从里面探出头来。

"What do you want?" asked the lizard.

“你想要什么?”蜥蜴问。

"I'm looking for my companions," said Wujing.

“我在找我的同伴,”吴京说。

"One is a monk, and the other is a pig.

“一个是和尚,一个是猪。

They were kidnapped by a man."

他们被一个男人绑架了。”

"They were kidnapped by me," said the lizard.

“他们被我绑架了,”蜥蜴说。

"You?" said Wujing.

“你?”吴京说。

"Yes." The lizard smiled.

“是的。”蜥蜴笑了。

"I plan to eat the Tang Monk and live forever!"

“我打算吃了唐僧,长生不老!”

Wujing struck at the lizard with his spear.

吴京用他的长矛击打蜥蜴。

The lizard spun around, blocking the spear with his tail.

蜥蜴转过身来,用尾巴挡住了长矛。

The force nearly knocked Wujing over.

这股力量差点把吴京撞倒。

Right away the lizard was on top of him.

蜥蜴马上就在他身上。

"Get off me!" shouted Wujing.

“放开我!”吴京喊道。

He shoved the lizard.

他猛推蜥蜴。

The lizard attacked again.

蜥蜴再次攻击。

Wujing swung his spear and then swam upward.

吴京挥动长矛,然后向上游去。

He splashed out of the river and landed next to Wukong.

他溅出河水,落在悟空旁边。

"There's a lizard demon down there," said Wujing, breathing heavily.

“下面有蜥蜴妖。”吴京喘着粗气说道。

"He's very powerful."

“他很厉害。”

Wukong was about to respond when he noticed someone nearby.

悟空正要回应,这时他注意到附近有人。

The man from the canoe was walking toward them.

独木舟上的那个人正朝他们走来。

The monkey pulled out his iron bar.

猴子拔出了他的铁棒。

"How dare you kidnap our friends!"

“你敢绑架我们的朋友!”

The man fell to his knees, shaking.

那人双膝跪地,浑身发抖。

"It wasn't me!" he cried.

“不是我!”他哭了。

"It was a lizard demon.

“是蜥蜴妖。

I'm the Black River God, and this is my river.

我是黑河之神,这是我的河流。

But that lizard pretended he was me!"

但那只蜥蜴冒充了我!”

Wukong put the iron bar back in his ear.

悟空把铁棒放回耳朵里。

"I believe you," he said.

“我相信你,”他说。

"Do you know who the lizard is?"

“你知道蜥蜴是谁吗?”

"I don't," said the river god.

“我不知道,”河神说。

He looked even more frightened now.

他现在看起来更害怕了。

"But his uncle is the mighty Dragon King of the Eastern Sea."

“可他舅舅是东海强大的龙王。”

Wukong laughed. "That dragon is a friend of mine.

悟空笑道。“那条龙是我的朋友。

He's also a bit scared of me.

他也有点怕我。

I'll go have a talk with him."

我去和他谈谈。”

A moment later the monkey was at the Dragon King's palace.

片刻后,猴子来到了龙王的宫殿。

"Hello again, Wukong," said the dragon, smiling.

“又见面了,悟空,”龙笑着说。

"What can I do for you?"

“我能为你做什么?”

"Why did you let your nephew take over the Black River?" demanded the monkey.

“你为什么让你侄子接管黑河?”猴子问道。

The dragon's smile faded.

龙的笑容消失了。

"What are you talking about?"

“你在说什么?”

"Your nephew—a lizard demon—took over the Black River," said Wukong.

悟空说:“你的侄子——一只蜥蜴恶魔——接管了黑河。”

"And now he's planning to eat the Tang Monk."

“现在他打算吃唐僧。”

"Oh dear," said the dragon. "I had no idea.

“哦,亲爱的,”龙说。“我不知道。

I'll take care of it."

我会处理的。”

Wukong and the dragon flew back to the Black River.

悟空和龙飞回了黑河。

The Dragon King shouted, "Nephew! Come out of that river at once!"

龙王喊道:“侄子!马上从那条河里出来!”

The lizard leaped from the river.

蜥蜴从河里跳了出来。

"Uncle!" he said. "It's nice of you to visit."

“叔叔!”他说。“你能来真是太好了。”

"I'm not here to visit!" yelled the dragon.

“我不是来拜访的!”龙喊道。

"I'm here to take you to the Jade Emperor.

“我是来带你去见玉皇大帝的。

You will be punished."

你会受到惩罚的。”

The lizard gulped.

蜥蜴咽了口唾沫。

His head hanging low, he followed his uncle up into the sky.

他低着头,跟着叔叔上了天空。

With a splash, the river god appeared from the water.

水花四溅,河神从水中出现。

The Tang Monk and Bajie were with him.

唐僧和八戒和他在一起。

"Thank you, Wukong," said the god.

“谢谢你,悟空,”神说。

"You're welcome," said the monkey.

“不客气,”猴子说。

"But we still need to cross your river."

“但我们还需要渡过你的河。”

"That's easy," said the river god.

“那很简单。”河神说。

He held up his hand.

他举起了手。

Instantly the river stopped flowing, and the water formed walls.

河水立刻停止流动,水形成了墙壁。

The travelers walked across the muddy riverbed and continued west.

旅行者们走过泥泞的河床,继续向西走去。