063_Journey to the West 63_A Question for Buddha

The Tang Monk jumped to his feet as the villagers hid behind trees.

当村民们躲在树后时,唐僧跳了起来。

Wukong, Wujing, and Bajie pulled out their weapons.

悟空、悟空、八戒,纷纷拔出武器。

A large shell rose from the water.

一个大贝壳从水中升起。

"It's a giant turtle!" said Bajie.

“是只大乌龟!”八姐说。

The turtle bowed its head toward Wukong.

乌龟朝悟空低下了头。

"That demon had taken over my house and river.

“那个恶魔占领了我的房子和河流。

Thank you for getting rid of him."

谢谢你摆脱了他。”

The turtle then looked at the villagers.

乌龟看向村民。

"You don't need to make a boat.

“你不需要造船。

I can take the travelers across the river."

我可以带旅行者过河。”

"That's wonderful!" said the Tang Monk.

“太好了!”唐僧说。

"I'm from the Tang Empire, and—"

“我来自大唐帝国,而且……”

"I know who you are," interrupted the turtle.

“我知道你是谁,”乌龟打断了他的话。

"You're traveling to the Western Paradise to get scriptures from Buddha.

“你去西方天堂取经。

I knew you would cross my river eventually.

我知道你最终会渡过我的河。

Climb onto my shell."

爬上我的壳。"

Wukong eyed the turtle suspiciously.

悟空怀疑地看着乌龟。

"How do we know we can trust you?

“我们怎么知道可以信任你?

Demons all along the way are waiting for my master to pass by."

一路上的恶魔都在等着我的主人经过。”

"They all want to eat him," added Bajie.

“他们都想吃他,”八戒补充道。

"I promise I won't hurt the Tang Monk," said the turtle.

“我保证不会伤害唐僧。”乌龟说。

"I want to help him reach the Western Paradise."

“我想帮他到达西方极乐世界。”

After a little more hesitation, the travelers stepped onto the turtle's shell.

稍微犹豫了一下,旅行者们踏上了龟壳。

The turtle began to paddle.

乌龟开始划桨。

The villagers came out from behind the trees and waved.

村民们从树后走出来,挥手致意。

"Good-bye!" called a woman.

“再见!”一个女人喊道。

"Please visit us on your way home!" shouted someone else.

“请在回家的路上来看我们!”另一个人喊道。

"We will, I promise!" called the monk.

“我们会的,我保证!”和尚喊道。

Soon the turtle was far from shore.

很快海龟就远离了海岸。

Bajie fell asleep.

八姐睡着了。

The turtle glanced back at the Tang Monk.

乌龟回头看了唐僧一眼。

"Excuse me, but can you do me a favor?"

“不好意思,能帮我个忙吗?”

"Of course," said the monk.

“当然,”和尚说。

"What do you need me to do?"

“需要我做什么?”

"I have been a good Buddhist for over a thousand years," said the turtle.

“一千多年来,我一直是一个好佛教徒,”乌龟说。

"But sadly I'm still just a turtle.

“但可悲的是,我仍然只是一只乌龟。

Can you ask Buddha when I will be reborn as a human?"

你能问问佛祖我什么时候能重生为人吗?”

The Tang Monk nodded.

唐僧点了点头。

"I will ask him."

“我问问他。”

A few hours later, the turtle reached the other side of the river.

几个小时后,海龟到达了河的对岸。

The travelers stepped onto dry land.

旅行者们踏上了陆地。

"Thank you," said the Tang Monk.

“谢谢。”唐僧说道。

"You're welcome," said the turtle.

“不客气,”乌龟说。

"Please don't forget to ask Buddha about me."

“请不要忘记向佛祖询问我的情况。”

The turtle disappeared under the water.

海龟消失在水下。

The Tang Monk climbed onto the horse, and the group continued on the road.

唐僧爬上马,一行人继续上路。

As usual, Bajie soon started complaining.

像往常一样,八姐很快就开始抱怨了。

"I'm tired of walking already.

“我已经走累了。

I wish we could ride that turtle the whole way to the west."

我希望我们能骑着那只乌龟一路向西。"

"Stop complaining," said Wukong.

“别抱怨了,”悟空说。

"Be happy that the road is flat here."

“高兴吧,这里的路平坦。”

They walked for another couple of hours.

他们又走了几个小时。

The road started to go up a mountain, getting steeper and steeper.

路开始往山上走,越来越陡。

The pig moaned, "The road isn't flat anymore!"

猪呻吟道:“路不平坦了!”

A cold wind whipped past them.

一阵冷风从他们身边刮过。

"Brr!" Wujing shivered.

“Brr!”无京瑟瑟发抖。

"Look!" said the Tang Monk, pointing.

“看!”唐僧指着他说。

Higher up the mountain was a large monastery.

在山的较高处有一座大修道院。

"Maybe we can rest there."

“也许我们可以在那里休息。”

Wukong looked at the monastery.

悟空看着寺院。

A dark mist hung over it.

一片黑雾笼罩着它。

The monkey shook his head.

猴子摇了摇头。

"That's a bad place.

“那是个糟糕的地方。

We're not going there."

我们不去那里。"

"It looks fine to me," said the monk.

“在我看来很好,”和尚说。

"I can see things that humans can't see," said Wukong.

悟空说:“我能看到人类看不到的东西。”

"And I see a dark mist hanging over that monastery.

“我看到那座修道院上空笼罩着一层黑雾。

A demon could be in there."

里面可能有恶魔。”

There was a sudden growling sound.

突然传来一声咆哮。

Wukong looked around to see what had caused it.

悟空环顾四周,看看是什么导致了它。

Bajie patted his stomach.

八戒拍了拍肚子。

"Sorry, I'm a bit hungry."

“不好意思,我有点饿了。”

"We're all tired and hungry," said the Tang Monk.

“我们都又累又饿,”唐僧说。

"We should just go to that monastery."

“我们还是去那个寺院吧。”

"No," said Wukong sharply. "Stay here.

“不,”悟空厉声说。“呆在这里。

I will find food for us."

我会为我们找到食物。”

He looked at the monk and warned him again, "Do not go to that monastery!"

他看着和尚,再次警告他:“不要去那座寺院!”