044_Journey to the West 44_The King's Ghost

The man walked into the Tang Monk's room.

男人走进唐僧的房间。

"Wh-who are you?" asked the Tang Monk nervously.

“你……你是谁?”唐僧紧张的问道。

"I'm king of the Black Rooster Kingdom," said the man.

“我是黑鸡王国的国王。”

"My kingdom suffered a horrible drought five years ago.

“五年前,我的王国遭受了一场可怕的干旱。

Crops wouldn't grow, and my people were starving.

庄稼无法生长,我的人民在挨饿。

One day a Daoist arrived in the kingdom.

一天,一位道士来到了这个王国。

He said he had great powers and could pray for rain."

他说他有强大的力量,可以祈雨。”

"Did the Daoist's prayers bring rain?" asked the Tang Monk.

“道士的祈祷带来雨了吗?”唐僧问道。

The king nodded.

国王点点头。

"It rained for days, and our crops began to grow."

"下了好几天的雨,我们的庄稼开始生长。"

"Wonderful!" said the Tang Monk with a smile.

“太好了!”唐僧笑着说道。

But then his smile faded.

但随后他的笑容消失了。

"I'm confused. Why do you need my help?"

“我很困惑。你为什么需要我的帮助?”

The king took a deep breath.

国王深吸了一口气。

"After the Daoist brought the rain, we became close friends.

“道士带雨后,我们成了密友。

One day we were walking when I noticed a strange light coming from my well.

一天,我们正在散步,我注意到一道奇怪的光从我的井里射出来。

I went to the well and looked in.

我走到井边往里看。

Suddenly I felt someone push me in.

突然我感到有人把我推了进去。

It was the Daoist!

是道士!

He had made the light with magic so he could trick me.

他用魔法创造了光,这样他就可以欺骗我。

I fell deep into the water, and he sealed the well shut."

我掉进水里,他把井封死了。"

Tears came to the king's eyes.

国王热泪盈眶。

"My body is still down there.

“我的身体还在下面。

I'm just a . . . ghost."

我只是一个 . . . 鬼。"

"That's horrible!" said the Tang Monk.

“太可怕了!”唐僧说。

"Your guards punished the Daoist, right?"

“你的侍卫惩罚了道士,对吗?”

The king shook his head.

国王摇了摇头。

"The Daoist made himself look like me, and now everyone thinks he's the real king."

“道士让自己看起来像我,现在每个人都认为他是真正的国王。”

The king paused.

国王停顿了一下。

"I've been in the Land of Darkness ever since.

“从那以后,我一直在黑暗之地。

Tonight a spirit brought me to see you.

今晚一个幽灵带我来见你。

He said you can help me."

他说你可以帮我。”

"How can I help you?" asked the Tang Monk.

“我能帮你什么?”唐僧问道。

"I'm just a monk."

“我只是个和尚。”

"Yes, but you're traveling with Sun Wukong," said the king.

“是的,但是你和孙悟空一起旅行,”国王说。

"Sun Wukong is very powerful.

“孙悟空很厉害。

He can destroy the Daoist!"

他能灭了道士!”

The Tang Monk hesitated.

唐僧犹豫了。

"Wukong can't charge into the palace and attack the Daoist.

“悟空不能冲进皇宫,攻击道士。

People will think the monkey is evil, attacking a king for no reason."

人们会认为猴子是邪恶的,无缘无故地攻击国王。"

"My son, the prince, can bring all of you into the palace," said the king.

“我的儿子,王子,可以带你们所有人进宫,”国王说。

"Then Sun Wukong can fight the Daoist in private."

"然后孙悟空可以私下和道士战斗."

"Where can we find the prince?" asked the monk.

“我们在哪里可以找到王子?”和尚问道。

"He will be out hunting tomorrow," said the king.

“他明天要出去打猎,”国王说。

"Tell him everything I told you."

“把我告诉你的都告诉他。”

"But he won't believe us," said the monk.

“但他不会相信我们,”和尚说。

"He thinks that Daoist is his father."

“他以为道士是他父亲。”

"Show him this."

“给他看这个。”

The king held up a jade coin.

国王举起一枚玉币。

"This is the one royal treasure I still have.

“这是我唯一的皇家宝物。

When my son sees it, he'll know you're telling the truth."

等我儿子看到了,就知道你说的是实话。”

Suddenly the king looked at the door.

突然,国王看着门。

"The spirit is calling me.

“幽灵在召唤我。

I must go."

我必须去。”

The king vanished.

国王消失了。

The Tang Monk called to his companions, who rushed into the room.

唐僧叫住同伴,同伴们冲进房间。

The monk told them everything that the king had said.

和尚把国王所说的一切都告诉了他们。

"He showed me a jade coin," said the monk.

“他给我看了一枚玉币,”和尚说。

He looked around.

他环顾四周。

"I don't know where it is now though."

“但我不知道它现在在哪里。”

"It was just a dream," said Wukong.

悟空说:“这只是一场梦。”

"No, it wasn't a dream," said the monk, still looking around.

“不,这不是梦,”和尚说,仍然环顾四周。

He went outside, and the others followed.

他出去了,其他人也跟着出去了。

"There it is!"

“在那里!”

A jade coin lay on the ground by the door.

门边的地上放着一枚玉钱。

The next morning the prince went out hunting.

第二天早上,王子出去打猎了。

He saw a white rabbit and shot an arrow.

他看见一只白兔,就射了一箭。

He missed and the rabbit ran.

他没打中,兔子跑了。

The prince chased the rabbit as it ran into a monastery.

王子在兔子跑进修道院时追赶它。

Inside, the prince saw a monk, a pig, and a purple spirit.

在里面,王子看到了一个和尚、一头猪和一个紫色的精灵。

Then the rabbit turned into a monkey.

然后兔子变成了猴子。

"What's going on here?" cried the prince.

“这是怎么回事?”王子喊道。

The monk stepped forward.

和尚上前一步。

"Don't be scared, Prince.

“不要害怕,王子。

We must tell you something."

我们必须告诉你一些事情。”