"That dragon ate my horse!" said the monk.
“那条龙吃了我的马!”和尚说。
He fell to his knees.
他跪了下来。
"How will I ever get to the Western Paradise?
“我怎么去西方天堂?
There are so many dangers along the way!"
一路上这么多危险!”
Wukong laughed. "Master, you worry too much.
悟空笑道:“师父,你多虑了。
There will be many dangers on your journey.
在你的旅途中会有许多危险。
But you have me, the Monkey King, to protect you.
但是你有我,孙悟空,来保护你。
All of Heaven's soldiers couldn't defeat me.
天堂所有的士兵都无法打败我。
So why worry about a dragon?"
那为什么要担心一条龙呢?”
The monkey stepped into the water and pulled out his iron bar.
猴子走进水里,拔出他的铁棒。
"I'll get the dragon to come out of the water."
“我去把龙从水里弄出来。”
He looked down at the water.
他低头看着水面。
"Dragon! Get up here right now!"
“龙!快上来!”
The dragon leaped from the water.
龙从水里跳了起来。
"How dare you yell at me!
“你敢对我大喊大叫!
Who are you?"
你是谁?”
"It doesn't matter who I am!" shouted Wukong.
“我是谁并不重要!”悟空喊道。
"Give that horse back!"
“把马还给我!”
The monkey attacked the dragon with his iron bar.
猴子用他的铁棒攻击龙。
The dragon spun around, blocking the bar with his tail.
龙转过身来,用尾巴挡住了酒吧。
Then with a splash, he dived back underwater.
然后,随着水花四溅,他又潜回了水下。
Wukong stomped his foot and yelled at the river. "Coward!"
悟空一跺脚,对着河边大喊道。“懦夫!”
"What will we do?" asked the Tang Monk.
“我们怎么办?”唐僧问道。
"I have no horse."
“我没有马。”
Wukong nodded. "And we can't cross the river with that dragon in there.
悟空点点头。“而且有那条龙在里面,我们不能过河。
I'll try another plan."
我再试试别的办法。”
The monkey swirled the water with his iron bar.
猴子用他的铁棒使水打转。
The water became rough.
水变得波涛汹涌。
Waves crashed and churned.
海浪拍打着,翻腾着。
The water dragged up dirt from the river bottom.
水把泥土从河底冲上来。
Soon the river was brown and muddy.
不久,河水变成了褐色和泥泞。
The dragon appeared again.
龙又出现了。
"What on earth are you doing now?" he cried.
“你现在到底在干什么?”他哭了。
"I'm trying to take a nap!"
“我要睡午觉!”
"Give us back our horse!" demanded Wukong.
“把我们的马还给我们!”悟空要求道。
"I can't!" cried the dragon.
“我不能!”龙叫道。
"It's in my stomach!"
“在我肚子里!”
The monkey attacked the dragon again.
猴子又袭击了龙。
But once more the dragon disappeared under the water.
但是龙又一次消失在水下。
For more than three hours, Wukong yelled at the river.
整整三个多小时,悟空对着河边大喊大叫。
He yelled all kinds of insults.
他大喊各种侮辱。
But the dragon would not come back up.
但是龙不会回来了。
Wukong climbed up the riverbank and sat down next to the Tang Monk.
悟空爬上河岸,坐在唐僧旁边。
"That dragon is tough.
“那条龙很强悍。
I'm not afraid of him, but I can't beat him either.
我不怕他,但我也打不过他。
I need help."
我需要帮助。”
"Who can help you?" asked the Tang Monk.
“谁能帮你?”唐僧问道。
Wukong thought for a moment.
悟空想了想。
"Guanyin told me I can ask her for help if I need it."
“观音告诉我,有需要可以找她帮忙。”
"Yes," said the Tang Monk.
“是的。”唐僧说。
"She told me the same thing."
“她也是这么跟我说的。”
Wukong felt the headband and shot a look at the monk.
悟空摸了摸发箍,看了和尚一眼。
"She already did help you.
“她已经帮过你了。
She gave you this tight headband."
她给了你这个很紧的发箍。"
He sighed.
他叹了口气。
"But that doesn't matter now.
“但现在这已经不重要了。
You wait here.
你在这里等着。
I'll be back soon."
我很快就回来。”
Wukong shot into the air and flew south.
悟空腾空而起,向南飞去。
Soon he came to Mount Potalaka in the South Sea.
不久他就来到了南海的布塔拉卡山。
Guanyin was in a garden next to her pagoda.
观音在她宝塔旁边的花园里。
"Hello, Wukong," she said.
“你好,悟空,”她说。
"How is the journey going?
“旅途怎么样了?
I see you're wearing the headband."
我看到你戴着发箍。"
"Yes, thanks to your dirty tricks!" said the monkey.
“是的,多亏了你肮脏的把戏!”猴子说。
Guanyin smiled. "You need that headband, Wukong.
观音笑了。“悟空,你需要那个发箍。
You are too violent and cruel."
你太暴力太残忍了。”
Wukong rolled his eyes.
悟空翻了个白眼。
"Fine. I'm here because I have a problem.
“好吧。我来这里是因为我有问题。
We reached a wide river with a dragon in it.
我们来到一条宽阔的河边,河里有一条龙。
The dragon ate our horse."
龙吃了我们的马。"
"Did you tell the dragon that you're traveling with the Tang Monk?" asked Guanyin.
观音问道:“你告诉龙你和唐僧一起旅行了吗?”
"No," said the monkey. "Why?"
“不,”猴子说。“为什么?”
Guanyin sighed. "That dragon was waiting for you.
观音叹了口气。“那条龙在等你。
When I met him, he was being punished for setting fire to his father's palace.
当我遇见他时,他正因为放火烧了他父亲的宫殿而受到惩罚。
I told him to help the Tang Monk reach the Western Paradise.
我告诉他帮助唐僧到达西天。
That way he can earn forgiveness."
这样他才能得到原谅。"
Wukong scratched his head.
悟空挠了挠头。
"It's too late for that now.
“现在已经太晚了。
He won't come out of the water."
他不会从水里出来的。"