015_Journey to the West 15_Tea with a Dragon

The Tang Monk looked at the robbers.

唐僧看着劫匪。

He was shaking.

他在发抖。

"I'm s-sorry," he said.

“对不起,”他说。

"But . . . we're just monks.

“但 . . . 我们只是僧侣。

We don't have any money."

我们没有钱。"

"Then give us whatever else you have," said one robber.

“那就把你所有的东西都给我们,”一个强盗说。

He came closer.

他走近了。

"Please, sir," said the monk. "We—"

“请,先生,”和尚说。“我们——”

Wukong put up his hand.

悟空举起了手。

"I'll deal with these robbers, Master."

“我来对付这些强盗,主人。”

Wukong approached the men.

悟空走近这些人。

They all laughed.

他们都笑了。

"Look at the little monkey!" said one of them.

“看这只小猴子!”其中一个说。

Wukong laughed too.

悟空也笑了。

"Yes, I am a monkey.

“是的,我是猴子。

And I am rather small, it's true."

我确实很小。"

He removed the iron bar from his ear.

他从耳朵上取下铁棒。

"But you should be scared of me anyway."

“但你应该怕我。”

His iron bar grew, and his eyes flashed red with anger.

他的铁棍长大了,他的眼睛因愤怒而发红。

"The monkey is a spirit!" cried one man.

“猴子是一种精神!”一个人喊道。

"Run!" cried another.

“快跑!”另一个人喊道。

The robbers tripped over one another, trying to get away.

强盗们互相绊倒,试图逃跑。

Wukong raised the iron bar, ready to strike.

悟空举起铁棍,准备出击。

"Stop, Wukong!" cried the Tang Monk.

“住手,悟空!”唐僧喊道。

"Don't hurt them!"

“不要伤害他们!”

Wukong turned around as the men ran away.

悟空转过身,男人们跑了。

"Why not?" he asked.

“为什么不呢?”他问道。

"They were going to hurt us."

“他们要伤害我们。”

"A Buddhist monk never hurts people," said the monk.

“和尚从不伤人,”和尚说。

"I would rather get hurt than hurt someone else."

“我宁愿受伤,也不愿伤害别人。”

Wukong laughed. "That's ridiculous.

悟空笑了。“这太荒谬了。

We should have beaten them up!"

我们应该揍他们的!”

The Tang Monk shook his head.

唐僧摇了摇头。

"You are cruel and violent, Wukong."

“悟空,你残忍又暴力。”

Wukong was angry.

悟空生气了。

"I just saved your life!" he cried.

“我刚刚救了你的命!”他哭了。

"How dare you scold me!" He paused.

“你怎么敢骂我!”他顿了顿。

"I don't have to accept this treatment. I'm leaving!"

“我不必接受这种待遇。我要走了!”

Wukong leaped into the air and was gone.

悟空一跃而起,不见了。

The Tang Monk sighed and then continued his journey.

唐僧叹了口气,继续赶路。

Later that day he saw an old woman.

那天晚些时候,他看到了一位老妇人。

"Monk," said the woman. "Where are you going?"

“和尚,”女人说。“你要去哪里?”

"I'm going to the Western Paradise," said the Tang Monk.

“我要去西天。”唐僧说。

"Don't you have anyone with you?" asked the woman.

“你身边没有人吗?”女人问道。

"You can't go there alone."

“你不能一个人去。”

"I did have a companion," said the Tang Monk.

“我确实有一个同伴,”唐僧说。

"But he got angry when I scolded him for being violent. He left."

“但我骂他暴力,他生气了。他离开了。”

"Your companion will come back," said the woman.

“你的同伴会回来的,”女人说。

"When he does, trick him into putting this on."

"当他这么做的时候,骗他穿上这个。"

She pulled a metal headband out of her bag.

她从包里拿出一个金属发箍。

"Whenever he misbehaves, recite the Tight Headband spell."

"每当他行为不端时,念紧头带咒语."

The old woman whispered a magical spell to the Tang Monk.

老妇人低声对唐僧念了一个神奇的咒语。

"Thank you," said the Tang Monk.

“谢谢。”唐僧说道。

"But how did you—"

“可是你是怎么……”

There was a flash of bright light, and the woman rose into the air.

一道亮光闪过,那个女人升到了空中。

"The bodhisattva Guanyin!" cried the Tang Monk.

“观音菩萨!”唐僧叫道。

He got down from his horse and bowed.

他从马上下来,鞠了一躬。

Meanwhile Wukong sat in the palace of the Dragon King of the Eastern Sea.

与此同时,悟空坐在东海龙王的宫殿里。

He and the Dragon King were drinking tea.

他和龙王在喝茶。

"I hope you've learned from your punishment," said the Dragon King.

“我希望你已经从惩罚中吸取了教训,”龙王说。

"Yes, I have," said Wukong.

“是的,我有,”悟空说。

"I won't cause any more trouble for the Jade Emperor."

“我不会再给玉皇大帝添麻烦了。”

The Dragon King sipped his tea.

龙王抿了一口茶。

"What will you do now?"

“那你现在怎么办?”

"I was traveling west with a monk, to get scriptures from Buddha," said Wukong.

悟空说:“我和一个和尚一起向西旅行,从佛陀那里取经。”

"I promised Guanyin I would do it."

“我答应观音会做的。”

The Dragon King smiled. "That's wonderful!"

龙王笑道:“太好了!”

Wukong shrugged. "Yes, well, I'm not doing it anymore."

悟空耸耸肩。“是的,好吧,我不再做了。”

The Dragon King put down his teacup. "Why not?"

龙王放下茶杯。“为什么不呢?”

"That monk had a bad attitude," said Wukong.

悟空说:“那个和尚态度不好。”

"He yelled at me.

“他对我大喊大叫。

He said I was cruel and violent."

他说我残忍暴力。"

The Dragon King coughed nervously.

龙王紧张的咳嗽了一声。

"Well, Wukong. The monk has a point."

“嗯,悟空。和尚说得有道理。”

Wukong glared at the king.

悟空瞪着国王。

"What do you mean?"

“什么意思?”

The king hesitated and then said,

国王犹豫了一下,然后说:

"You are violent sometimes."

“你有时候很暴力。”

Wukong folded his arms and looked at the ground.

悟空双臂交叉,看着地面。

The Dragon King continued.

龙王继续说道。

"Not only that, but you made a promise to Guanyin.

“不仅如此,你还对观音做出了承诺。

Perhaps, Wukong, it is you who has a bad attitude?"

悟空,或许是你态度不好?”