When the other students went to bed that night, Wukong stayed awake.
那天晚上,当其他学生上床睡觉时,悟空保持清醒。
At three o'clock in the morning, he crept quietly through the dark temple.
凌晨三点,他悄悄地爬过黑暗的寺庙。
He entered Subodhi's room.
他走进了苏菩提的房间。
"Wukong, what are you doing here?" asked the sage.
“悟空,你在这里做什么?”圣人问道。
"I understood your secret message," said the monkey.
“我明白了你的秘密信息,”猴子说。
"You hit me on the head three times.
“你打了我三次头。
That meant you wanted me to visit you at three o'clock.
这意味着你想让我三点去看你。
Now will you teach me how to live forever?"
现在你能教我如何永生吗?”
Subodhi smiled. "I knew you were a worthy student. Come closer."
苏菩提笑了。“我就知道你是个好学生。靠近点。”
Subodhi whispered into Wukong's ear.
苏菩提在悟空耳边低语。
The sage whispered prayers as well as secret formulas about the universe and nature.
圣人低声祈祷以及关于宇宙和自然的秘密公式。
As the monkey listened to his teacher's words, powerful light filled the room.
当猴子听着老师的话时,强大的光线充满了房间。
Now Wukong knew how to live forever!
现在悟空知道如何永生了!
For the next few years, Wukong meditated and practiced the secret formulas.
在接下来的几年里,悟空一直在冥想和练习秘方。
While the other students slept at night, Wukong stayed up.
当其他学生晚上睡觉时,悟空熬夜了。
Soon his mind and body were powerful, and he could change shape or size.
很快他的思想和身体变得强大,他可以改变形状或大小。
He could turn into other animals and soar through the sky on clouds.
他可以变成其他动物,乘着云朵在天空翱翔。
One day all the students were sitting outside.
一天,所有的学生都坐在外面。
"Wukong," said one student. "You have been busy lately."
“悟空,”一个学生说。“你最近很忙。”
"It's true," said another student. "What have you been doing?"
“这是真的,”另一个学生说。“你一直在做什么?”
"I've been meditating and practicing secret formulas," said Wukong.
悟空说:“我一直在冥想和练习秘密公式。”
"Secret formulas?" said the first student.
“秘密公式?”第一个学生说。
Everyone looked very interested.
每个人看起来都很感兴趣。
They leaned in closer to Wukong.
他们靠得离悟空更近。
"Yes," said the monkey. "Our master told them to me."
“是的,”猴子说。“我们的主人告诉我的。”
"He did?" said a student. "You must be special.
“是吗?”一个学生说。“你一定很特别。
He doesn't tell everyone those formulas.
他不会告诉每个人那些公式。
What did he teach you?"
他教了你什么?”
Wukong smiled. "He taught me how to live forever.
悟空笑了。“他教我如何永生。
He also taught me how to change into other things."
他还教我如何变成其他东西。"
"Show us what you can do," said the student.
“让我们看看你能做什么,”学生说。
Wukong stood up.
悟空站了起来。
He muttered a quick spell and made a sign with his hands.
他低声念了个咒语,然后用手做了个手势。
Suddenly—zap! The monkey was gone.
突然——砰!猴子不见了。
An enormous pine tree stood in his place.
一棵巨大的松树矗立在他的位置上。
Wukong's voice came from the tree.
悟空的声音从树上传来。
"What do you think?"
“你觉得呢?”
The students clapped and cheered.
学生们鼓掌欢呼。
"That's amazing!" said one.
“太神奇了!”一个人说。
"The monkey is truly powerful!" said another.
“猴子真厉害!”另一个说。
The noise disturbed Subodhi.
噪音打扰了苏菩提。
He ran outside and saw the enormous pine tree.
他跑到外面,看到了那棵巨大的松树。
"What's going on out here?" he shouted.
“这里发生了什么事?”他喊道。
Everyone stopped cheering.
所有人都停止了欢呼。
Wukong quickly turned back into himself.
悟空很快变回了自己。
Subodhi's eyes flashed with anger.
苏菩提眼中闪过一抹愤怒。
"Everyone but Wukong, go inside!" he yelled.
“除了悟空,所有人都进去!”他喊道。
Subodhi waited for the other students to leave.
苏菩提等着其他学生离开。
"I taught you the secret formulas so you could live forever," said the sage.
“我教你秘方,让你长生不老。”圣人说。
"Not so you could show off!"
“不是让你炫耀的!”
"I'm sorry," said Wukong. "I—"
“对不起,”悟空说。“我——”
Subodhi kept talking.
苏菩提一直在说话。
"Now all of the students have seen what you can do.
“现在所有的学生都看到了你的能力。
They will want to know how to do it too!
他们也会想知道怎么做!
If you don't tell them, they might harm you.
如果你不告诉他们,他们可能会伤害你。
It's not safe for you to stay here anymore.
你再呆在这里不安全。
You must go."
你必须去。”
Wukong started to cry.
悟空哭了起来。
"But, Master! Where will I go?"
“可是,师父,我去哪?”
"Go back home," said Subodhi.
“回家吧,”苏菩提说。
"But you taught me so many things!" said the monkey.
“但是你教会了我很多东西!”猴子说。
"I must repay you first."
“我必须先报答你。”
"You don't need to repay me," said Subodhi.
“你不需要报答我,”苏菩提说。
"Just try to stay out of trouble."
“尽量不要惹麻烦。”
The sage looked at Wukong for a moment.
圣人看了悟空一会儿。
Then he said, "I can see that you will do evil things someday.
然后他说:“我看得出你总有一天会做坏事。
Don't tell anyone you were my student. Now go."
不要告诉任何人你是我的学生。走吧。”
Wukong hung his head. "Good-bye, Master."
悟空垂下了头。“再见,师父。”
He leaped onto a cloud and left.
他跳到云上离开了。
After a short journey, Wukong arrived at the Fruit and Flower Mountain.
经过短暂的旅程,悟空到达了水果花山。
"I have returned!" he called.
“我回来了!”他喊道。
The gibbon ran to him.
长臂猿跑向他。
"Your Majesty! Something terrible has happened!"
“陛下!发生了可怕的事情!”