003_Journey to the West 3_Subodhi

Monkey sailed over the ocean for a long time.

猴子在海洋上航行了很长时间。

Finally he arrived at a new land.

最后,他到达了一片新的土地。

He walked for many years, visiting towns and meeting people.

他走了很多年,参观城镇,会见人们。

But he didn't find a sage anywhere.

但是他没有在任何地方找到圣人。

Eventually he came to mountains covered in thick forest.

最终他来到了被茂密森林覆盖的群山。

He headed up a steep mountain trail and soon heard chopping.

他沿着一条陡峭的山路前进,很快就听到了劈劈的声音。

A woodcutter was chopping firewood.

一个樵夫正在劈柴。

"Hello," said Monkey. "Are there any sages in these mountains?"

“你好。”猴子说。“这些山里有圣人吗?”

The woodcutter dropped his ax.

樵夫的斧头掉了。

"You're . . . a monkey!" he said.

“你 . . . 猴子!”他说。

"And you're talking!"

“你在说话!”

"Yes, I am," said Monkey.

“是的,我是。”猴子说。

"And I want to live forever.

“我想永远活着。

Do you know where I can find a sage?"

你知道哪里可以找到圣人吗?”

The woodcutter scratched his head.

樵夫挠了挠头。

"Well, yes," he said.

“嗯,是的,”他说。

"A sage named Subodhi lives on this mountain.

“这山上住着一位叫苏菩提的圣人。

He is very wise."

他很聪明。”

Monkey was excited.

猴子很兴奋。

"Where can I find him?"

“去哪里找他?”

"Just follow this trail, and you will come to his home," said the woodcutter.

“只要沿着这条路走,你就会来到他的家,”樵夫说。

"Thank you!" said Monkey.

“谢谢你!”猴子说。

He waved good-bye to the woodcutter and ran up the trail.

他向樵夫挥手告别,沿着小路跑去。

Soon he saw a temple built into the side of the mountain.

不久,他看到一座寺庙建在山的一侧。

Subodhi was sitting with his students in the main room of his temple.

苏菩提和他的学生坐在他寺庙的正厅里。

He looked at his oldest student.

他看着自己的大学生。

"Please go to the door," said Subodhi.

“请到门口去,”苏菩提说。

"A new student is about to arrive., Let him in."

“一个新学生就要到了。,让他进来。”

The student looked confused.

学生看起来很困惑。

"Okay, Master," he said.

“好的,主人,”他说。

The student got up and went to the door of the temple.

学生起身走到寺庙门口。

He looked outside.

他看了看外面。

"Hello!" called Monkey. "I'm here to see Subodhi!"

“你好!”猴子叫道。“我是来见苏菩提的!”

A moment later Monkey was standing in front of the sage.

片刻后,猴子站在圣人面前。

"I want to be your student," said Monkey.

“我想成为你的学生。”猴子说。

"But you're just a monkey," said Subodhi.

“但你只是一只猴子,”苏菩提说。

"How can you be my student?"

“你怎么能做我的学生?”

Monkey laughed. "I might be a monkey.

猴子笑道:“我可能是猴子。

But I can walk and talk and do many other things.

但是我可以走路、说话和做许多其他的事情。

I traveled almost 13 years to get here.

我穿越了13年来到这里。

I'm sure I can be your student."

我肯定能成为你的学生。”

Subodhi stared at Monkey for a moment.

苏菩提盯着猴子看了一会儿。

"Who are your parents?" he asked.

“你父母是谁?”他问。

Monkey scratched his head.

猴子挠挠头。

"I don't have parents," he said.

“我没有父母,”他说。

"I was born from a rock."

“我是从石头上出生的。”

"Interesting," said Subodhi.

“有趣,”苏菩提说。

"You were probably created by Heaven and Earth.

“你可能是天地创造的。

You may be my student.

你可能是我的学生。

You need a name."

你需要一个名字。”

He thought for a moment.

他想了一会儿。

"I will call you Sun Wukong."

“我叫你孙悟空。”

For the next seven years, Sun Wukong lived in Subodhi's temple.

在接下来的七年里,孙悟空一直住在苏菩提的寺庙里。

The monkey spent his days meditating, listening to his teacher's lessons, and doing chores.

猴子整天都在冥想,听老师的课,做家务。

One day, while Subodhi was giving a lesson, Wukong started to dance.

一天,当苏菩提正在上课时,悟空开始跳舞。

Subodhi stood up.

苏菩提站了起来。

"How dare you dance while I'm teaching?" he shouted.

“你怎么敢在我教书的时候跳舞?”他喊道。

"I'm sorry," said Wukong.

“对不起,”悟空说。

"But I was so happy, I needed to dance!"

“但是我太高兴了,我需要跳舞!”

Subodhi calmed down. "You're happy?"

苏菩提平静下来。“你高兴了?”

"Yes," said the monkey. "I love learning from you."

“是的,”猴子说。“我喜欢向你学习。”

"Wukong, you have been here a long time.

“悟空,你来这里很久了。

What would you like to learn from me?" asked Subodhi.

你想从我这里学到什么?”苏菩提问道。

Wukong shrugged. "I don't know.

悟空耸耸肩。“我不知道。

You tell me what I should learn."

你告诉我该学什么。”

"Well," said Subodhi, "I can teach you how to tell the future.

“好吧,”苏菩提说,“我可以教你如何预测未来。

Would you like that?"

你愿意吗?"

"Maybe," said Wukong. "Will it make me live forever?"

“也许吧,”悟空说。“它会让我永生吗?”

"Of course not," said Subodhi.

“当然不是,”苏菩提说。

"Then forget it," said Wukong.

悟空说:“那就算了。”

"Teach me something else."

“教我点别的。”

"Hmm," said Subodhi. "How about some magic breathing exercises?"

“嗯,”苏菩提说。“来点神奇的呼吸练习怎么样?”

"Will they make me live forever?" asked Wukong.

“他们会让我长生不老吗?”悟空问。

"No," said Subodhi, frowning.

“不,”苏菩提皱着眉头说。

"Then I'm not interested," said Wukong.

悟空说:“那我不感兴趣。”

Subodhi became angry.

苏菩提生气了。

He stood up and knocked Wukong on the head three times.

他站起来,在悟空头上敲了三下。

Then he left the room.

然后他离开了房间。

"Wukong," said another student. "You were very rude to Master!"

“悟空。”另一个学生说。“你对师父很粗鲁!”

The other students all agreed.

其他学生都同意了。

Wukong, however, smiled.

悟空却笑了。

None of the other students knew it, but Subodhi had given him a secret message.

其他学生都不知道,但苏菩提给了他一个秘密信息。